Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

sweet tooth

This past weekend, Alex and I decided it was time to use all of the gift cards we got from the wedding. At first, I was trying to wait to use them until we got everything sorted, thank you cards sent, and had a list of what else we needed. That didn't happen. Thank you cards take FOREVER! I write about 25 at a time and then lose focus, my hand hurts, and I run out of things to write. Ugh... not ok. So, we decided we would give it a go. Alex was a pain in the butt THE WHOLE TIME! Let me be honest, I HATE Bed bath and beyond. Hate it. It's a love-hate relationship. I swear, I can never find anything I need in that darn store. Which means, it took me forever to find things I had registered for. I finally gave up and just grabbed anything of the item I thought we needed. However, we did get some new knives. We have been needing these oh so bad! It was the one thing Alex has been talking about - besides his tools from Sears. With our knives, we got the cutest free gift! It is the tiniest cheese board with two cheese knives! Awesome. I think it is perfect. Anyway, my favorite purchase - and one I have been longing for since I first registered... that's right, I said I not WE - is the Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment. Alex and I both have THE biggest sweet tooths. I love ice cream. It is pure bliss. So, after freezing the bowl overnight and cooking up the batch of ice cream, I gave it a go. It is delicious! Nothing better than homemade ice cream. I can't wait to make more. The great thing about the freeze bowl is that you can keep it in the freezer all the time. It is always ready to go! And, it only takes about 15 minutes to freeze up the ice cream! Heaven.  


Peanut butter Ice cream batter with mini peanut butter cups!

Easy as pie!


Mixing along to make it nice and thick!


Next time, I am going to try to make some Sherbert!! That should be delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment