Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ode to love

Music is such a big part of my life. It can make my worst days tolerable. It helps my work days pass quicker. It makes me shake my booty. It makes me cry. It makes me feel blessed beyond belief. It makes me happy. There is a song for every emotion and every mood.

Lately, love songs have been hitting hard in my heart. They help me appreciate the true love and joy that my husband brings me. I can't honestly imagine my life without Alex. He is my person. The one who puts a smile on my face, who wipes my tears when I need him, who is hard and temperamental when it's called for, but soft and tender when the time is right. I am so incredibly thankful to have found this man to share my life with.

You know I'd fall apart without you
I don't know how you do what you do
'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you
Like everything that's green, I need you
But it's more than one and one makes two
Put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you want it too
- Song by Hunter Hayes

Do you ever catch yourself driving down the street when a certain song comes on, and you just lose it? It's like an emotional flood gate - which is rare for me. Lately, I am in awe of the blessing that God gave me. I am so fortunate to experience a once in a lifetime kind of love each and every day. I know that this is a blessing from God. For this gift, I am forever grateful.

A reading from the first letter of St John 4:7-12

God is love
My dear people,
let us love one another
since love comes from God
and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Anyone who fails to love can never have known God,
because God is love.
God's love for us was revealed
when God sent into the world his only Son
so that we could have life through him;
this is the love I mean:
not our love for God,
but God's love for us when he sent his Son
to be the sacrifice that takes our sins away.
My dear people,
since God has loved us so much,
we too should love one another.
No one has ever seen God;
but as long as we love one another
God will live in us
and his love will be complete in us.



Alex's 21st birthday, and the night it all began.


Our first trip together to Austin for my BFF's wedding!


First vacation with my family to NYC!

Sea World with my family

Arizona for the other BFF's wedding!

Popeye and Olive Oyl

Hiking Camelback mountain with the sis and bro-in-law

Fishing with the neice and nephew

Halloween 2010

My 25th at beerfest

Alex's first Arizona Christmas


having fun at Rustler's Roost in AZ


Royals Game

Cali for a short honeymoon



Engagement celebration in AZ


Alex's 25th/ St. Patty's day 2012

Alex surprised me with a speech - given by the DJ - at our wedding about how we met and came to be where we are today before we were introduced at the reception. so sweet.
The bride and groom want me to take a moment before I introduce them to let you all know thank you for being a part of their special day. They want to give a special thanks to their parents for making this all possible, and making it the best days of their lives. Words can’t express the the appreciation that they have for the four of you. None of this would be possible without you guys. So Lisa and Alex just want to say thank you and they love you.  

They wanted me to take a moment to share a few words to let you all know how they got to where they are today. First of all Lisa always knew Alex was the man of her dreams, even back when she met him when he was still in high school. I know some of you may not know Alex all that well, but that’s him just being his normal sarcastic self. Alex is lucky he has met the woman of his dreams. The two have known each other since Lisa’s freshman year in college, however Lisa always looked at Alex as the immature little  brother of one of her good friends, that was until Alex decided to make a move. However that move was when Alex had liquid courage and Lisa didn’t take him serious at first. He tried 3 times before she took him serious. It just so happened that every time Alex said something to her, he was a little intoxicated, but hey just like anyone else he likes to have a good time. They always spent time around each other during Lisa’s college days however they were just merely friends and never thought anything more.  Alex was the younger brother just sitting back taking everything in while he watched Lisa and his brother’s friend’s party and have a good time. Little did the two of them know that they would soon be together and starting an unimaginable journey, that one day they would be standing here today as husband and wife! Barb was in town to visit Lisa on Barb’s birthday and it just so happened to be Alex’s 21st. Alex always took a liking to Lisa, and of course he wanted her to be a part of his adventures as they took a bus around town, and partied hard! The night was progressing everyone was having a good time, and Alex started telling Barb that one day he was going to marry her daughter. We all know what she was thinking at the time, this guy is a drunken fool, what kind of nonsense is he speaking? Well as you can see he was very serious and that’s why we are all here today.
The night went on and everyone was having a good time and Lisa gave Alex a birthday kiss. Lisa won’t admit it but Alex claims this was their “first kiss”. Anyway days went by, Lisa and Alex talked off and on, and decided to go bowling one night. Mind you, this was before Lisa ever agreed to a date. Alex wasn’t drinking much this time and brought out a challenge for Lisa and said if I beat you bowling left handed we will go on a date. Of course she agreed, but it kind of sucked that’s the way it had to go but Lisa was being her stubborn self and always likes a challenge. Alex beat her and they went on their first date. They dated for a little over 3 years and Alex knew long before that this would be the girl he would spend the rest of his life with, so a year ago December Alex decided to make another move and ask her to marry him. Everything was going perfect, Alex was nervous at dinner while his brother Dylan was setting up at home. Turning all the lights off, leaving the lights for the christmas tree on, leaving out a bottle of wine, and a note Alex had writtenAlex had the ring all throughout dinner, clinching it with his sweaty handsAs they got home Lisa turned on the kitchen lights and started to do dishes. This was weird occurrence because that never happened! Can you guys tell that Alex wrote this? She walked right past what Alex had set up and started to change into pajamas because they were leaving early for Phoenix the next day. Alex proceeded to walk over to the tree and he asked Lisa, “what is this”? She pulled the note off started to read it, and realized what was happening. Alex got down on one knee and asked her to marry him.
To him this is a fairy tale story, he never knew he could be this lucky, to have the best girl in the world that would drop everything just to make him happy! Here they are today spending their special day with all of you wonderful people, starting the adventure of a lifetime that nobody can ever take away. 


Oh how I love this man.


Book of Tobit 8:4b-8
Tobiah arose from bed and said to his wife, "My love, get up. Let us pray and beg our Lord to have mercy on us and grant us deliverance." She got up, and they started to pray and beg that deliverance might be theirs. He began with these words:

"Blessed ard you, O God of our fathers; praised be your name forever and ever.
Let the heavens and all your creation praise you forever.
You made Adam and you give him his wife Eve to be his help and suppoer; and from these two the human race descended.
You said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone; let us make him a partner like himself.'
Now, Lord, you know that I take this wife of mine not because of lust, but for a noble purpose.
Call down your mercy on me and on her, and allow us to live together to a happy old age."

They said together, "Amen, amen."


So from the words of Adam Sandler...

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you




I look forward to each and every day we spend together. I am anxious to live this life that God has planned for us, and I wouldn't want to spend it with anybody else. Each day is an adventure - the ride of a lifetime.

you'll always be my Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment