Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

happy hump day

... it's Wednesday people! You know what that means - it's almost the weekend!! Plus. it's Halloween!



This week seems to be going pretty fast. Not at all how I expected it. I had such a fun weekend with friends that are oh so awesome. On Friday night, we went to see Corey Smith - I loved it. The place was not packed - not even the slightest bit packed. Which meant plenty of room for dancing! And also the ability to be right up front. I - of course - drank my fair share. I think I forget that I am not 18 - not that I drank at 18... ya right - or 21 anymore. I just DO NOT recover like I used to. So, Saturday was a little more rough than planned. However, I was quite productive. Alex and I have been needing to clean out our laundry/storage room for some time now. It was fullllll of junk and empty boxes. So, I took the plunge and cleared the way for a lot of our wedding gifts that have been sitting in the basement - the ones not used on a daily basis. Obviously, this was way overdue since we got married in May! Oops. But hey - it got done. I love going through old things sometimes. I found all my old pictures from high school and the beginning years of college. It brings back good memories. Everyone needs to reminisce a little sometimes - just to remember where we came from - and how far we have come!

Anyway - Saturday night was rough at first. An old college room mate of mine asked me to go to the Carrie Underwood concert with her. I wasn't sure I was going to make it when I woke up on Saturday morning! But, I did. And I am sooooo happy I did. Not only was it great to catch up with an old friend, but we had awesome seats!! When we got there, we were in total surprise. Neither of us knew they were THAT close. We were dead center stage, 7 rows back. I have never been this close at a major concert before! Uhhh - scratch that - one other time, when my BFF and I were at Kenny Chesney we got pit seats! Those were pretty awesome too. I got hit in the head with Pat Green's drummer's drum stick. I thought I was cool. :) Back to Carrie - Hunter Hayes opened for her. I must say - he puts on a good little show himself. He was very good live. I hate when I see someone live and their voice is scratchy and off beat. Drives me nuts. He was good though. Now Carrie - she was AMAZING. Her voice is just breathtaking. That girl can wail! Her show was so much fun as well. She definitely puts on a good show. I recommend going if you can.

Carrie and I have an odd relationship. Jesus, Take the Wheel gets me every time. I cried at the concert - as I do most other times I hear this song. It touches my heart so much and brings me back to a certain point in my life. It just reminds me to be so incredibly thankful to be on this earth and live each day. God works in miraculous ways. Sometimes, we just all need a little reminder. This song - and these pictures - do it for me.

I was in a bad accident after slipping on black ice one winter while driving home to Arizona for Christmas. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt. But, sadly, I did lose my dog Piper.



Now for the goods... :)

Carrie blowing it up!

I've never seen an artist wave so much at a concert! Erin told me to wave at her while she was going over our heads. So - I did. And she waved back. :)

Erin and I before Carrie came on!

Hunter Hayes came out and sang with Carrie. It was great!

That's all for now! Have a safe night everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment