Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

day trip

Well, yesterday was an adventure. A very long and fun adventure.

We took a day trip to Kansas City for the Chiefs game. My friend Christin picked me up at 4:55 AM, and we packed up our junk and headed to the fire station to get our hubbies. Then, it was time to hit the road to KC. I don't know if it is because they upped the speed limit, or that we were going to the close side of KC, but the trip seemed to be pretty short. I think we got out of the Fire Station at about 5:45, hopped straight on the turn pike and made it to the stadium about 8 AM - with only 2 stops on the way up!

I must say, parking at the stadium is just plain silly. They force you to park ON TOP of all the other cars and have parking nazis who go around and yell at people trying to set up for a good time - geeez. Anyway, we got all parked, made some Bloody Marys, drank some beer and waited for our friends to show up with the grill! Ate some brats and had a good time!

This was my first time at Arrowhead Stadium. I must say, it is pretty nice. Even the "cheap seats" up on the 3rd level give a pretty good view of the game. I felt like I could see the whole field very clearly. We sat in the "VIP" section - as we liked to call it - because we got the hook up with tickets - thanks Cara and John! The whole 2nd level was indoor with big bars and lounge areas. It was carpeted and warm. There are doors that you walk out to go to your covered seats. It was a great view! All in all - I enjoyed myself.

After the game, we were beat. So, we headed out, stopped for dinner at Jose Pepper's and then hit the road back to good ol' Ta Town. I slept like a baby last night - it was awesome.

Here are a few pics from our day!

Ready to tailgate!

I bought us some Chiefs cups.

Some hard core Chiefs fans.




Watching people come in from the "VIP" area. :)

View from our seats.

That's all folks! Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment