Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

hard times

6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?


I know that there could be a million answers for this, but I feel like I haven't experienced very many "hard" or tragic times in my life. I think by far, the most memorable hard time or experience I have had was when my Grandma passed away. I was a wreck. It was the first person in my life that I was really close with that had died. I was a sophomore in high school at the time. I think those were the worst grades I have ever gotten too! It was a really hard time for me. My Grandma was always very hands on in our lives. She was there for every big event. She took us back to school shopping every year. She had Sunday night family dinners each a lot of weeks, depending on our schedules. She was at all of our games. She was the best. So, when she passed away it hit me hard. The funeral was the WORST. I'm not a big crier... I BAWLED the entire time. My sisters and cousins were up there talking about their high school graduations, their college games, their big lifetime events, and it hit me... Grandma won't be at my graduation. She will never see me go off to college. It was tough, and I still miss her to this day.

The positive-- we became super close with Grandpa. He was always around growing up. He was a supporter, he loved us all, but he we didn't KNOW him like we did Grandma. So, he stepped up big time after Grandma was gone. And it was such a blessing.

I miss them both so much. They are 2 of the most amazing people, and their love for each other was inspiring!

Grandma liked to buy everyone matching holiday shirts :)

Grandma and Grandpa came over before Coronation freshman year

Grandma took all the grandkids to NY and DC

Grandma and Grandpa at Christmas

All the grandkids

We got scarves for Christmas

Grandpa came to Wichita for Senior weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment