Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Here's to a new Beginning!

So, after many internal debates, I set my mind to it to start a blog. Here I am, my OVER analytical mind, trying to determine what this blog would entail. This is what I came up with.... EVERYTHING!

For Starters... Here are a few tid-bits about me!

My name is Lisa! I recently got married, so my mind is still in the planning mode. This made me think, why stop now? I just love all the concepts of party planning. I adore coming up with creative, out of the ordinary, unique ideas. Yes, my mind is VERY different than others, but shouldn't I use the good from this?? I had the best time planning our wedding. I chose such a fun and festive color scheme, so you couldn't help BUT smile the whole time through! To me, weddings are a time for celebration. After all, it's the union of two souls who swim in love, laughter and growth! So, why not make it enjoyable just like the marriage is hoped to be? I married my best friend in the world, Alex, on May 26, 2012.

Photo by Photography by Verdi



I was born and raised in Tempe, Arizona, but I have lived in Kansas going on 10 years. If you asked me 10 years ago, I NEVER would have imagined having a life here in the midwest. Boy oh boy how that has changed! I couldn't imagine being away from here. Granted, Alex helps me stay in the state of mind, but I just love it. I dream of acre on acre with horses and dogs galore! But, let's back up.... I came to Kansas because I played softball at Wichita State University on a scholarship. When I first came to this city, I was in disbelief! I couldn't understand the "feel" the midwest puts off. I was so used to the "big city" living. I know, I know, Tempe is NOT big city living, per say. BUT, it is much more fast paced, booming, and busy! But the midwest culture sure grows on you. So now, here I am. A midwest girl, stuck (by choice) in my Sunflower State of Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment